Hosted by Dementia Connections
The sessions are taking place in small groups (5 – 6 participants) and are aimed at Family Members and Carers of Loved Ones suffering from Dementia.
THE COURSE OFFERS
• Opportunities to share your story with others on the journey; to be heard & encouraged
• Insights to help demystify dementia – e.g. understanding how changes in the brain affect mood & behaviour
• Information & practical techniques to help you address family caregiver stress
• Tips to enhance communication so that your loved one feels safe, calm & loved
• Useful resources & links providing ongoing support
• A practical project to honour your loved one
We offer either an in-person group session in Cape Town OR a nationwide online group workshop via ZOOM with easy instructions on how to join from a desktop/laptop or even smartphone.
WHAT: “DEMENTIA CONNECTIONS” ONLINE WORKSHOP weekly over 6 weeks / 6 hours in total.
WHERE: ONLINE ZOOM invite will be sent with instruction. You can join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android.
- Six Tuesdays over 6 weeks starting on Tuesday 07 May and finishing on 11 June 2019, from 6pm to 7pm
Price: R1 800 per person. Maximum of 4 people per class.
WHAT: “DEMENTIA CONNECTIONS” WORKSHOP IN CAPE TOWN taking place fortnightly over 8 weeks / 10 hours in total.
WHERE: 305 Dolsam Park, 10 Mountain View Road, Wynberg,Cape Town,7800
- Four Saturdays over 6 weeks starting on Saturday 04 May and finishing on 8 June 2019, from 02:30pm to 5pm
Price: R1 900 per person. Maximum of 6 people per class.
Visit us on Facebook here!