Dementia Support Coaching
Dementia is a terrifying diagnosis and most of us would rather not think about it at all. So, when a loved one gets dementia, we are usually unprepared.
I offer guidance and support in the form of coaching sessions and workshops for individuals and groups.
It is an inspiration to witness the courage and compassion of those caring for loved ones and clients with dementia.
For individuals and small groups
I offer coaching support for those with loved ones living with dementia.
One to three people can be accommodated in 60- to 90-minute sessions.
This is a compassionate space in which you can ‘offload’ and find support and information to equip you for the dementia journey.
Thank you for guiding me through the heart meditation.
I have been using it daily. Today I saw Mum and felt blessed by a spiritual time with her.
Thank you so much for your time this morning, [we] both really benefited
from speaking to you with all your vast experience and compassion.
It was a privilege meeting you.
Thank you for your hospitality, your generous and warm heart and your compassion.
I appreciate how deeply you listened to me … And thank you also for the information you shared.
Thank you for meeting with me today and your kind words.
It was such good session. I felt so uplifted when I left.
I have already done a few minutes with my heart in mind, breathing in good feelings and breathing out bad thoughts.
I feel privileged to have met you.
For families, friends and carers
This workshop can accommodate up to 12 people, including family members, good friends and professional carers of the person living with dementia.
It’s a wonderful opportunity to create a support team for your loved one:
- Understand how brain changes result in the changes in memory, abilities and behaviour you are experiencing
- Learn how to cope with the emotional toll of the dementia journey
- Develop skills to respond more effectively to common dementia-related challenges.
Dementia can bring us closer …
sometimes we just need a little help to figure out how
Huge thanks for your truly inspiring, insightful and compassionate workshop …
I drew a great deal of comfort from it.
Wynberg, Cape Town
newsletter sign up
Recent Blog Posts
- Some Thoughts on Activities for People Living with DementiaJuly 10, 2020 - 11:59 am
- A personal transformationOctober 23, 2018 - 6:31 pm
- Born of desperation – a book by Henry SpencerSeptember 21, 2018 - 9:17 am
- Dementia and the mid-life breakthroughSeptember 10, 2018 - 9:58 pm
- STRiDE – towards a National Dementia PlanJuly 18, 2018 - 9:08 am