Connect with your heart
Connect with your heart to relieve stress, build resilience, and perform at your best.
It seems like most people today are stressed out from the demands of our fast-paced lives. While a certain amount of pressure can help us to work more efficiently, chronic stress undermines our effectiveness, both at home and at work. We feel anxious, can’t sleep, get overwhelmed, and our health, relationships and performance all suffer.
HeartMath® tools and techniques are highly effective at helping people to manage stress and difficult emotions. A regular HeartMath practice has made a profound difference in my life, improving my emotional resilience, relationships and physical health.
Having experienced positive changes in my own life, I’d love to share what I’ve learnt with you!
So, what is HeartMath?
The HeartMath Institute in the USA (www.heartmath.org) has been researching the physiology of stress and resilience for over 20 years. Their techniques help people to shift out of the “fight or flight” stress response and into a state of ease. The immediate and long-term benefits of this shift are remarkable!
Their bio-feedback equipment, the emWave® Pro, emWave®2, and the Inner Balance Trainer®, allows you to monitor your physiological state. You can actually observe the stress-relieving impacts of HeartMath techniques in real time.
Being able to monitor yourself motivates you to practise the simple HeartMath techniques. Regular practice shifts your emotional baseline to a calmer or more coherent state in which the mind becomes clearer and the body can heal.
HeartMath® is a registered trademark of the HeartMath Institute®. emWave® is a registered trademark of Quantum Intech, Inc.
HeartMath coaching involves a series of sessions in which we:
- Engage in coaching conversations to clarify and monitor achievement of your goals
- Practise simple breathing and emotional regulation techniques
- Monitor the effects of stress and ease on your physiology using HeartMath equipment
- Learn about the science of the heart, the impacts of stress, and the effects of HeartMath techniques.
Stress relief is just a heartbeat away!
Watch the video
This seven-minute video introduces heart-centred intelligence, and how it benefits our lives both individually and collectively.
Wynberg, Cape Town
newsletter sign up
Recent Blog Posts
- Some Thoughts on Activities for People Living with DementiaJuly 10, 2020 - 11:59 am
- A personal transformationOctober 23, 2018 - 6:31 pm
- Born of desperation – a book by Henry SpencerSeptember 21, 2018 - 9:17 am
- Dementia and the mid-life breakthroughSeptember 10, 2018 - 9:58 pm
- STRiDE – towards a National Dementia PlanJuly 18, 2018 - 9:08 am